Saturday, December 16, 2006

addendum

Well, they didn't show up. The loonies who were going to protest at Sgt. Marco Miller's funeral didn't show. Thank God for small miracles.

Of course, it makes me proud to see who did show up. A large number of members of the community were there, to honor the fallen Marine, and to help shield his family in case those idiots did show up. The number of people, including a group of veterans serving as kind of an honor guard on motorcycles, was wonderful. Makes me proud to be from my hometown.

I hope the other families who are targeted by this horrible group (and there were others on the list) are as fortunate. I love and believe in free speech. But the fallen and their families deserve better than this kind of treatment. good night and good luck...stimp

4 comments:

ToledoNative said...

Yeah it's hard to believe in free speech when it's hateful and nasty.

I like your blog layout! It's much easier for these old eyes to read.

stimp said...

I just changed it about an hour ago. Glad you liked it. I even linked your blog now!

ToledoNative said...

I saw that! Thanks.

Swanny said...

It's a real good thing they didn't bother to show. Mahr woulda stomped some redneck ass.