Saturday, February 18, 2006

spring, and sports

I have a surefire way of knowing that winter isn't going to last forever. And in a godforsaken snowhole like this, it's good to know. Pitchers and catchers reported to spring training this week. If baseball is coming, and the local Dairy Queen has opened, it is only a matter of time. Not that I have seen much of the great outdoors anyway. I am currently up to my rings in the Winter Olympics. I love the Olympics. Two full weeks of sports, and more drama than the tackiest Jerry Springer episode. You can't beat it. I mean, where are you going to see life stories played out with such pathos, especially if Bob Costas is involved? I have actually been missing Countdown to watch this stuff. I didn't know about Swinging Dick shooting that poor guy in the face until my husband told me a day later. This is a serious lack of news concern for me. But I don't care. Bring on the figure skaters, the hockey players, the snowboarders. I'll keep recording the curling, cross country, and hockey that's on in the early morning. I'm not sure what I will watch after the Games are over. The Oscars are coming up. A whole different type of drama. good night and good luck...stimp

No comments: