Sunday, March 19, 2006

An Aristocrat

I literally just finished watching an amazing film called "The Aristocrats". For anyone with a good sense of humor (and a strong stomach), I highly recommend the film. I am not going to ruin the film by describing it. I wouldn't do it justice anyway. Penn Jillette made a great movie. I wasn't sure if I was going to wet myself or vomit, I was laughing so hard. This movie is not for the faint of, well, anything. Bring your smarts and real sense of the absurd, and leave behind your PC. It will just get in the way. One thing apart from the movie struck me as odd, though. At the chain store where I rented the movie, all of the copies were clearly marked "must be 18 to rent this film". I think this is in part because the film has no MPAA rating. I would not recommend this movie for anyone under, say, 30. Not because of the content or language necessarily, but because te type of humor requires some experience to appreciate. But they wouldn't give this film unless you were 18. At the same time, all around me, I saw movies and video games that depicted gratuitous violence, against man and beast, real and imaginary. War games, zombie movies, killing movies galore. But you know, other than the "Playboy, the Mansion" game, nothing else was marked must be 18. So you can kill it, you can maim it, but you can't fuck it or laugh at it. Unless, of course, you pass the magic age line. Doesn't make a bit of sense. But I'm glad that I am still the one making those decisions for my son. good night and good luck...go and have a laugh...stimp

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Stimp!

No wonder you love me....my life is an astounding compilation of your favorite movies!! And, you of course get to sit back and observe!

Love you!
Married to other....AJ and ZooCrew

stimp said...

AJ...that is thhe best part of life...everyone's life is a movie, both original and derivative. Some movies are just better done than others...like yours...love ya...stimp