Monday, March 31, 2008

News of Record

March 31, 2008

Today is the 5Th anniversary of the start of my favorite television program, Countdown with Keith Olbermann. I know I tend to wax rhapsodic when I speak of Mr. Olbermann. I've been watching him in various incarnations since Sportscenter. But looking back, I think there should be more to it than that. I think that the show is more important than my fleeting hormonal enjoyment.

In a vast landscape of "everything is just fine" news, he is a voice of reason. He gets angry about injustice. He is tenacious in his opinion. Even when I don't agree, and sometimes I don't, I admire his passion. The show is a voice of difference in a corporate media structure that allows precious little dissent. I greatly admire Mr. Olbermann and his show, and I wish him five score years of prosperity and success. Keep up the great work, Keith. And in tribute to you, and the great journalist you honor, I sign off as I always do. good night and good luck...stimp

No comments: