Sunday, March 09, 2008

Where's spring?

March 9, 2008

I AM SICK. AND FREAKIN' TIRED. OF FREAKIN' SNOW!

I know I live in Ohio. I know it is only March. I know it's not spring yet, officially. But really. Could Mother Nature throw me a bone already? I get one day of nice warm weather, and then two days of a freakin' blizzard. My ride home last night got stuck in my driveway. I think they said we got 11 inches of snow between yesterday and Friday.

I am a total pussy when it comes to driving on snow. A panic attack having, hyperventilating, calling off work pussy. But I just finally got a new job. And since I work in a hospital now, I have to get there no matter what. I am fine with that. I like my job. And the last two days, I managed to find rides so I didn't have to drive. For which I send up hosannas to the gods, and great thanks to those who helped. Today I was going to have to get there on my own. I went out at 10:30 with two shovels, my ten-year-old, and one of my neighbors to dig my car out. My neighbor even managed to get the car to move, no small miracle in itself. What happens next, you ask? Turns out after an hour of digging, I have a flat tire and can't get it fixed until tomorrow anyway! The gods conspire against me! Fortunately, I have a wonderful friend, who has kindly agreed to come (on her day off) and give me a ride.

But I want spring. I'm ready for it like you can't believe. I need rain and warmer breezes. A little sunshine would be nice. I want to sit on my porch and read a book. To let my kid play outside without having to put three layers of clothes on him. To get to and from work without sliding all over the freakin' road. I want green grass, and to see my roses bloom. To plant flowers and putter around in the garden. I want to put my dog out to pee without having him look at me like I'm insane before he goes out in the yard. I don't expect Florida weather in Ohio. But a little break from all the ice, snow, and cold would be welcome. Come on, Spring! good night, and good luck...stimp

No comments: