Monday, March 31, 2008

That dog won't hunt

March 31, 2008

I'm listening to all this discussion about whether Senator Clinton should withdraw from the primaries left to be run. All the talking heads yammering "She can't win, It's dividing the party". Blah, blah, blah.

First, let me make it clear, I have been supporting Senator Obama. I don't have anything against Senator Clinton, I just like him better. I've been a Democrat since I could vote, and in the general election, I'd vote for either.

The thing that bothers me is this. This is getting to be a real ugly fight. Both sides are trying to tear each other down, and this does no good for any of us. Let Senator Clinton run til all the votes are cast. That's democracy. Let the process see itself through. But for Pete's sake, let's stop putting weapons into the hands of the opposition! Every time we Democrats offer up insults, throw nasty barbs, detonate bombs, we are giving the other side ammunition for the general election. It's evident that the Repugnicans are going to have plenty of time to get ready for whoever is nominated. Why hand them the clubs to beat us? If you can't win with your own good campaign, why malign the other opponent, making it easier for the Repugs to do it later? Seems fairly simple to me. Clinton and Obama both have their soft spots, just like McCain does. Let's at least try to be civilized while we still can. good night and good luck...stimp

No comments: